Friday, August 17, 2007

Untitled

Without paying close attention, it was surprising to see it's been a few days since I posted anything. I can't say anything earth-shattering has taken place. Just normal life stuff I guess.

We had people from Abbotsford stay the night last night. A friend of a friend (Bonnie's that is) and her dad were up north doing some looking at real estate and they needed a place to stay on their way to Terrace. They left this morning and while I was having a nap this afternoon, they called to ask if they could stay again tonight. So that'll be a nice little break in whatever routine we have going here.

All day today, Bonnie has been in and out of the place where she exercises. The manager of Curves was open to Bonnie showing some Tupperware, and so today has been an extended Tupperware party for Bonnie. I think she's sold a few things, so that's good news. She's there working out right now, and will go back later tonight to tally up her sales, and pack up the display.

My Dad came by earlier today to help finish the ceiling in the downstairs bathroom. He hooked up the light so it would hang flush with the underside of the drop ceiling. It took a bit to find the right breaker so he wouldn't get electrocuted while installing the light, but thankfully everything went well and the room looks quite finished. A far cry from the original.

This afternoon I had a meeting with the editor of the local newspaper. When I first got up north, this was one of the first places I dropped a resume off at. It turns out they have a 4-day project that they need some help with and Todd, the editor, wanted to discuss this with me to see if I wanted to take it on. Everything seemed agreeable to me, and I start this project tomorrow afternoon after Bonnie gets off of work. Although it's not a full or even part-time job, it's a foot in the door, and there's a strong possibility that there will be more work for me doing special projects like this in the future.

After I returned from this meeting, we got in the van and took a little drive. Our neighbour across the back alley from us, whom we've been getting to know a little, once she found out I did photography, invited us to come over with her to her sister-in-law's place (I think...maybe it's her sister). Anyways, it's a nice place and has some unique features which would serve well as locations for wedding photography and other possibilities. So we followed our neighbour and walked around the yard a little. There's some definite possibilities here.

That's all for now. Isaac is calling me to come play and so I'll sign off...

No comments:

Post a Comment