Monday, August 13, 2007

enjoying our garden harvests

It was a lovely warm day today, although I spent a good portion of it indoors, working. When I came home, I was tired and had a little nap, then joined Isaac outside, harvesting some peas. He seems to like picking the flat ones and eating the whole pod, which is okay, but I showed him how big the peas are when you wait for the pods to get round. We ate a few, then went in for the dinner that Curtis had prepared - barbecued pork chops, pasta, and salad with lettuce from our garden. We started eating it indoors, then Curtis had the idea that we should eat out on our new deck and enjoy the warm sunshine, so we did!

After supper, Isaac and I went to the Post Office - I walked, and he rode his bike. We had a little puppy follow us for a ways, until he (the puppy) was distracted by another young boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment