Sunday, August 5, 2007

It's done...well mostly

As a family, we all went up to Twin Falls this morning to enjoy the scenery and do something different than deck work. Everyone enjoyed themselves and got a good little hike in. Unfortunately I forgot to put a memory card in my camera and so I have no images from our little excursion to show you.

Than after Russ and Vern had a little nap, we put the finishing touches on the deck. And when I say finishing, I mean we got everything accomplished that needed a professional's touch and expertise. The only thing left to do is to put up the spindles (2 x 2 posts), but I think Bonnie and I can handle that.

It's a huge relief to have this project completed considering the time constraints we had to work with. The guys got here Thursday afternoon, and if it weren't for a couple minor setbacks, we'd have finished it yesterday evening for sure.
But with everyone leaving tomorrow morning (early), we had to make sure nothing really important was left to chance.

So after we finished work this afternoon, we had a little open house/house-warming. A few people showed up, but regardless of how many came, it felt nice to sit down and relax. The difference for me was profound.
Here's some pictures:





The spindles that still need to be put up


Work crew and support staff

Bonnie's brother and parents are in the middle (Russ, Vern and Edna), my dad (Jim) is on the right

Remains of the old deck

No comments:

Post a Comment