Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Twin Falls



Tonight after supper, Isaac and I took a drive up to Twin Falls (about a 10 minute driveas you head out of Smithers towards Terrace). It had been a warm day and I thought that this would be a good opportunity to get some exercise and spend quality time with my son.


And exercise we got, that's for sure. After getting out at the parking area where the walking trail starts, we spent about an hour or so walking around enjoying being outdoors. Isaac was quite content to throw dirt and rocks into the rushing water. I had to remind him not to get too close (the water really was moving very fast). But he was really happy to be there. He kept saying, "Daddy, come here. Daddy, let's go here."

I'm glad I brought Bonnie's camera along, as I managed to capture a few nice images. The only one I didn't get was of Isaac's skinned and bloodied knees. As we were making our way back down the trail, Isaac insisted on running. One of the times where he wasn't holding my hands, he went barreling on ahead, and fell down on his hands and knees. I didn't notice the damage until we got into the van. Actually now that I think about it, if you look closely at the picture below of Isaac with his walking stick that he found, you may see a little blood.

After we got back into town we stopped off at Safeway and bought Bonnie some flowers and went by the lodge where she works. It was a nice surprise for her to see us there and then Isaac went rushing down the hall to give her the bouquet. We had one of the nurses clean Isaac's skinned knees and then we were off home to get Isaac into bed.

So it was a good end to the day with my son. After he went to bed I came down to my office and worked on a job I'm doing for Auguston (a housing community in Abbotsford). I've got to get a little work done before tomorrow because Bonnie's parents and brother are hopefully going to be arriving here in the afternoon. So there won't be much time for business until they leave next week.

But I'll leave you now with a few more of the images from the trip to Twin Falls earlier tonight.











2 comments:

  1. It is so good to see you relaxed Curtis. The great outdoors appears to be agreeing with you...and Isaac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys great to see all the pics good job on the deck you must have given Ian Baird some tips ( he just finished putting up a ne one as well) how is the wild life? any bears , Deer?

    Talk to ya later


    Walt and Sarah and kids

    ReplyDelete