Thursday, August 23, 2007

A day off!

At last I feel as if I've had a day off! The last two weeks have been pretty busy, with work, daily living, visits with friends from the south, and a Tupperware party as well! Life as a casual health care worker can be pretty tiring when staff get injured, go on holidays etc., and you get calls daily asking if you can work this shift or that one. Thankfully I was told that even casual staff get "scheduled" days off (two after every five days of work), so that I don't have to feel guilty (although, given my nature, I do anyways) about saying no to shifts. However, if I do choose to work on a "scheduled"day off, I get overtime pay. Last week I worked on one of my days off, and did a Tupperware party on the other, so I found by the end of this week that I was pretty tired, and I plan to enjoy my days off!
Today Isaac and I did some shopping - we bought groceries, new drapes for the dining room, and also looked for some slippers for him, but I guess it's too early for those. Curtis was busy working on a business proposal. I also took Isaac out for supper tonight - we went to Boston Pizza, and both enjoyed our dinner choices. When we returned, we harvested some peas and tomatoes, as well as a few carrots from our various gardens while Curtis went to the rehearsal of the wedding he'll be photographing on Saturday.

Tomorrow Curtis and I are planning to take Isaac to the Fall Fair here in town. It will be interesting to see how it compares to fairs we've attended in the past. I hope the weather will be good. It was a nice warm day today, although it did cool off once the sun went down.

Thanks to those of you who have responded to our blogs, as well as those of you who are reading them. It feels good to provide a way of keeping you updated on our lives. We enjoy getting updates, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment