Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Prayer Requests

If you read this before this Friday (the 31st), could you please pray for the following. Last week I submitted a bid to 2010 Legacies Now to design their 2006-2007 Annual Review. The mission of 2010 Legacies Now is two-fold:
  1. To work in partnership with community organizations, non-government organizations, the private sector and all levels of government to develop sustainable legacies in sport and recreation, arts, literacy and volunteerism.
  2. To actively assist communities discover and create unique and inclusive social and economic opportunities leading up to, and beyond the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
Their review of all submissions received will be completed tomorrow, and then they notify the successful candidate on Friday. Hence the timeline around my prayer request.

Please pray for the committee making the decision of which company to go with to design this review. I've received other RFP's (request for proposal) before from the 2010 Commerce Centre, but this particular one for 2010 Legacies Now was the first that I truly and completely felt confident that I could complete and fulfill any and all requirements. And so I completed my application with confidence and am hoping that they obviously choose me to design their review.

It would be a huge boost to my confidence and help provide for our family if I were awarded this contract. And yet the Lord may have other plans in mind. Pray if you will that I would be content with whatever happens and trust in His plans.

Speaking of trust, that leads me to my second prayer request. Some of you know that I have some health issues I've been dealing with since early this year. The main symptoms have been fatigue and headaches. Things seemed to be getting a little better after the worst of getting settled into our new home was over. But the last couple of weeks have been quite difficult. The fatigue has been really bad and I just haven't felt 'right' or 'normal'.

I had some bloodwork done last week at our new family doctor's here in Smithers, and will get the results possibly later this week, or else for sure next Tuesday. Maybe those test will give some answers, I don't know. But it's pretty hard to make it through each day when my energy level just doesn't seem to be where it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment