Friday, October 26, 2007

Just the two of us

Well, Isaac and I are on our own again for a couple of days. Curtis has flown back to the Fraser Valley to take some photos for a client, and will return on Saturday. It's just a quick trip this time.

After dropping Curtis off at the airport and saying our goodbyes, Isaac and I headed into town for some errands. I was sure thankful for Isaac's size and willingness to help at one point - I had a raincheck for some floor mats that were on sale at Zellers last week, and so decided to check if they had any in. Sure enough, they did have a selection of the size that I wanted, but I couldn't reach them due to the two pallets of boxed merchandise parked right in front of them. This is where Isaac's size comes in - he was able to squeeze between the shelves and the pallets and reach the aforementioned mats. Not only did he retrieve a couple for me, he was even gracious enough to go back when I wasn't happy with the colour mix in one of the mats.

When grocery shopping at Extra Foods, Isaac likes to use the kid sized cart - but he's very particular about what he will or won't carry in it. Today he only wanted 'teeny tiny' stuff. Funny boy!

When we got home, after unloading our purchases and putting most of them in their rightful places, we decided to make some bread. I've been meaning to make some for awhile, but somehow hadn't got to it yet. Isaac enjoys helping mix and punching the dough. After that we took a break before I started to get supper ready. Meals were long drawn out affairs today - Isaac didn't seem as interested in eating as he usually is - perhaps still the after effects of Tuesday night, when everything he'd eaten that day came back to haunt him all night. His energy level seems normal, though.

I watched a sad movie tonight, about one couple's experience with Alzheimer's disease. It was called "Away From Her". I thought it was well done. A couple of nights ago Curtis and I watched "We Are Marshall", which, at times, is quite sad, too. That one was worth watching, too, and was based on a true story.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you again Bonnie; have a great weekend.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie; we watched the movie We are Marshall that you recommended. It was good.

    ReplyDelete