Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happenings

Well Bonnie just got to sleep after working a night shift and Isaac and I are down here in the office trying to keep quiet. Bonnie was working a scheduled 5-9 last night but got asked to stay for the night because someone called in sick. I know it's a lot of work for her, but I'm grateful she has the energy. I'm also grateful for the extra hours because I've had some opportunities of late with my business that I've taken advantage of (which meant Bonnie couldn't work as much as she would have liked).

Last weekend I was in Prince George for a PPABC (Professional Photographers Association of BC) meeting. It was a two-day meeting from the 14th to the 15th. I enjoyed going because I got to meet some of the other photographers in the area, and also got to listen to some excellent speakers. One was a fine-art print maker from Vancouver Island, and the other was a commercial photographer from Saskatchewan. Both had excellent things to say as was reflected in the copious amount of notes I took.

Then the past few days this week I was at the Northern BC Tourism Conference here in Smithers. Thursday night, and Friday and yesterday mornings, I was the official photographer. It was an excellent opportunity to pass out some business cards and get some good exposure. I talked with quite a few people about some possible opportunities that are coming up, so I'm very encouraged by that. You can view the images here (click on the event button from the drop-down list under the PHOTOGRAPHY link).

Later this week, I'm flying down to Vancouver to do some work for a client I worked with last year. I'll be gone from Thursday to Saturday.

So there's lots of things happening for which I am very grateful. And getting back to the point of Bonnie working extra shifts, basically any extra work she can get now will help to make up for the days she wasn't able to work while I've been and will be away on business.

No comments:

Post a Comment