Monday, October 22, 2007

Fun in the snow / A moose sighting

Well it kept on coming down all afternoon. In fact, it's still snowing now as I type this.

Isaac got dropped off at about 3 o'clock and he and his cousins has a little fun in the snow as Geralyn chatted for a while.



Later after they all left we had some fun making snowmen and smashing them down with the snow shovel (that was Isaac's contribution).







Then I went for a ride on my bike to get a flashing red LED light for the back of Bonnie's bike. I only got a little ways down the road when I had to come back to get Bonnie and Isaac and the camera. For there on the side of the road was a big rack-less moose. So by the time Bonnie and Isaac got back to the point where I saw the moose, it had crossed the street and was now eating off a tree in someone's back yard. The people in the house we were standing in front of came out and asked what we were doing. It turns out that the moose had been coming over and doing it's thing there for the past three days. I guess the long-time residents get used to this sort of thing.



One last thing about the snow: last year the first snow came on October 27th, and I don't think it stopped for three days. By the time it was over, about THREE FEET of the white stuff were there on the ground. And it didn't go away. It stayed. Now I don't know if that'll be the case this year. But I'll let you know in three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment