Thursday, October 11, 2007

Getting ready for winter

This afternoon, Isaac and I met my brother, his son and another friend, and we went 20 minutes or so out of town to try and find some wood. Our supply of fireplace fuel is rapidly dwindling as the weather continues to get colder. We were going to go yesterday, but thankfully our little trek got postponed until today. I say thankfully because it was raining and miserable yesterday, and sunny and relatively warm today. A perfect day for chainsaws and axes as it turned out.

I didn't get any pictures on-site as we felled a tree and cleaned and chopped it up with a chainsaw, and then loaded up the back of my brother's truck. It's just a little tricky to manage a camera whilst carrying thick chunks of trees. But when we got back home, I was able to get a few. Hopefully the wood we got will last for a few weeks. We'll probably have to go out several more times this winter, but that's OK. It's great exercise and it really brings back fond memories of growing up. The smell of fresh-cut wood and chainsaw fumes. Ahhhh......





No comments:

Post a Comment