Friday, September 28, 2007

Prayer Request

This afternoon, as Isaac and I were running some errands, I stopped in at the Interior-News (the local paper that I did some work for last month). While I was there, I knocked on the door of the editor to say hi. While we were away in Langley last week, he had contacted me to let me know that he may have some more work for me, and that I should come in to see him when I returned. So not knowing what he wanted, I was curious to see what he had in mind when I knocked on his door. To make a not-so-long story even shorter, he offered me a full-time position as a reporter/photographer for the paper. He also said that he would like a decision from me by next week sometime.

So all of a sudden we as a family have many, many things to consider. The main ones as I see them now are:
  1. How would this affect Bonnie's working at the Bulkley Lodge? (the wage for this position wouldn't be near as good as Bonnie is making now)
  2. How much time would I have left each week to focus on developing my business?
  3. What about child-care issues for Isaac?
So we are in need of some serious wisdom. This job-offer really caught me by surprise, and while I'm intrigued by the thought of being a reporter, it's not as quick and easy decision as some may think. For quite some time I've wondered what would happen if the Lord brought a full-time position to my attention. I guess I'm about to find out.

I would appreciate hearing from you in the next couple of days (either by an email or by posting a comment below) what insights you may have.

Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Curtis,
    'Fraid I don't have much wisdom for you but I must agree that it is an intriguing situation. (Back in the day I dreamed of being a reporter, until I realized I didn't have the nerve, phone skills or gusto to do a decent job.) It sounds like it might upset your family's scheduling (ie. Isaac) and make it hard on developing your business...so I would enter it cautiously...but hey, it's full time work...sorry I'm not much help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our experience, the doors have to remain open as we face each challenge in considering any new opportunity and God's perfect peace as we discern His direction for us.

    No suggestions from a Family that has had to walk down this same kind of road a few times...we pray that you will sense His perfect peace.

    ReplyDelete