Monday, September 10, 2007

A busy day

It was a very full day after a lousy sleep. I needed lots to do to stay awake. First it was some office work designing a poster for a client in Chilliwack followed by a workout with the dumbbells we bought a couple weeks ago. After that I did some more work in the office followed by a little more wood cutting outside. I promised Bonnie I'd have all the logs split and stacked by the time she returned from Alberta. She gets back tomorrow just before noon, and I only have a few left so I think I'm in good shape.



After lunch I had an appointment with a local realtor whom I'm designing some business cards for. We went to his home and I shot about 40 or so images that I can choose from for his business card. The rest he'll use for other things (like updating his photograph on his website). After I came back, I did a little work on the card and then Dad called. He wanted to know if I'd like to join him at the lake. He was putting his boat in and was taking my brother and his kids for a ride/ski and maybe some fishing.

So after who knows how many years, I actually went waterskiing again. I tried and tried to remember when the last time I was actually on a ski, and failed miserably...it obviously had been that long. It took a couple time to get up, but I was happy to make it finally. My arms were pretty sore by the end of my run from the other exertion I put them through today, but did OK (according to my brother and Dad once I got back in the boat). We'll see in the next couple of days how sore they REALLY get!



I stayed out on the lake for a while watching my brother and Dad take a turn skiing, but after that I came home for dinner, knowing I needed to work on the realtor's card tonight. I just finished about 20 minutes ago and am just updating the blog before I finish for the night. I've got a little tidying up to do, some laundry, and then it's off to the airport tomorrow morning around 11:30 to pick up my family. It will be good to have them home again.

1 comment:

  1. You always were a good wood chopper!
    (Alderbrook men @ Travis' place)

    ReplyDelete