Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's a fine life

For those of you who have been wondering where I've been, I thought an update would be in order. As I believe Curtis mentioned, Isaac and I traveled to Alberta with his Mom and Auntie Barbara to spend a week with his grandparents. We arrived home on Tuesday, having flown from Edmonton via Vancouver.

We had a great visit with Mormor and Morfar, and I was able to help with the gardening, harvesting crab apples, doing some baking, and a few other odd jobs. Isaac did his part, too, with the motorized sweeper ("Mommy, are there any crumbs I can sweep up?), and transferring the drinking water from the five gallon pail to the Brita to the water jug that we would use at the table, and he even helped in the garden. I was quite proud of his behaviour that week.

Since returning home, Isaac has attended his first two classes of preschool. His first class got off to a rough start, as he did a face plant outside on the sidewalk before class started. I stayed for about half an hour until he was settled, then said goodbye - he didn't seem to mind me leaving, so I knew he was having a good time. (He will tell you otherwise, I think, because when we asked him if he enjoyed preschool, he answered with a resounding "No" and said he didn't want to go back. I've heard this is quite normal, so I'm not too concerned.)

As for me, I've been called in to work every day except Wednesday since our return, so I can't complain about not getting enough work! Today I was already scheduled to work from 5 to 9 pm, and they called me at around 2:30 to see if I could come in early, as someone was going home sick. I'd just been trying to play catch with Isaac, but I knew they were desperate, so I went. I wonder what they'll do when I'm gone for another week? (We're heading back to the Fraser Valley for a week,from this Wednesday until next.)

Well, that's about all my news for now. I look forward to seeing family and friends soon, and when we return, I guess I'll have to start preparing for winter! I've been asking around this week to see what kind of winter boots to buy, and I'll probably need a warmer jacket/coat for this colder climate as well. I think Isaac is set for winter wear, but I'm not sure about Curtis. And then there's the van...

No comments:

Post a Comment