Thursday, January 24, 2008

Workshop Class #2

Last night was the 2nd class of my 3-class workshop on digital photography. There were less people in the class (I know two ladies dropped out, and as for the other, well, I'm not sure why she didn't show up), but it turned out quite good as far as I'm concerned. To me it makes it easier to have committed, dedicated people (like the four that did show up) there who REALLY want to learn. Turns out I over planned which was fine, because I'd rather plan too many activities than not enough. We had good discussions about a number of different points, and I felt like I really was a help to each person there (as far as teaching them things they didn't know before). At the very least I made them aware or exposed them to a lot of different ideas that I hope they can investigate on their own. And at the end of the class as I packed up and drove home, I found that I was saying to myself how much I enjoyed it. Things are always better when you can speak with passion about something you TRULY enjoy. I'm much less intimidated doing this than if I were speaking about something I knew very little about.

So we've got one more class next week and then I hope to transition into a few different ideas I'm developing. The one that has the most traction right now is an introduction to self-publishing coffee-table books like this one HERE (click the link to view a 15-page preview of a book I've already made).

No comments:

Post a Comment