Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Work

Last Wednesday afternoon I took a phone call from a lady here in Smithers who works for Community Services. It turns out she was looking for a photographer to help with an event they're putting on in February. (She was referred to me by one of the local web design companies here in town).

So we met the next day to discuss the event and what specific needs she had. I took that information and then sent her a quote this past Monday. She called back a few minutes later to clarify a couple points and then told me that the quote was fine and they'd like to go ahead with hiring me for this event. There's also a good possibility that they will do 2 more events similar to this one in February (on the 9th) later in the year so that would mean a couple more jobs for me too.

Needless to say it was a very encouraging day when I got that news. Things like this really help me feel like my business is validated. Being actively sought out by someone not as a result of any direct effort by me. For me it's the hand of God moving and directing.

No comments:

Post a Comment