Monday, December 24, 2007

Cunningham Christmas 2007

Well the tryptophan has definitely kicked in, but unfortunately I think we all ate too much and so I think we might be up for a while...

My brother and his family and my mom and dad all came over this afternoon around 4pm. Our family tradition has been to have the big family meal on Christmas Eve with the stockings to come Christmas morning. So the smell of the turkey in the oven, and the laughter of the kids running around, brought back lots of memories of what Christmas was like for me as a child. This Christmas was especially meaningful for us (Bonnie and me that is) as it was the first in our new home. Except for my sister, Linnea, who lives in Edmonton and was unable to make it out, the whole Cunningham family was together tonight for a few hours.






After the turkey and everything else was eaten...


and the stories were read...


and the dishes were done...


and the dessert was eaten (rice pudding with lingonberry sauce)...


then and only then were the gifts opened...after which Isaac and his cousin Josiah and uncle Michael proceeded to have an energetic pillow fight down in our basement.


But it's a lot quieter in the house now that my brother and his family have gone home to sleep. Mom and Dad and Bonnie are playing Scrabble while I'm posting this.

Tomorrow after we open our stockings and have breakfast, we're having our neighbours over for a late breakfast and then we may go out to Mom and Dad's in the afternoon for a while.

One last thing...if you're into funny stories about Christmas, you'll enjoy a story from Stuart McLean's Vinyl Cafe. Click the following link to go to a page where you can listen to an MP3 of the story (
Stuart McLean's Vinyl Cafe: Dave Cooks the Turkey ).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bonnie/Curtis/Issac,

    Looks like you guys all got 'fed-up' too. Cynthia and I seemed to do not much but eat the last three days. Truth is, I can;t wait to get back to my whole foods diet. It's much more interesting being on a self-restricted diet - I'm learning new things to make. I'd like to offer you some encouragement to keep pressing forward to find whole foods that will be very tolerable to eat. And too, they are so much better.

    We're busy making plans for the wedding in March. And did you hear? Ramona Balzer is engaged! And Kerry is back in Abby...

    We have so not forgotten Smithers, and I do think a 2008 trek will happen. Your photos look great Curtis. Remeber - you are where you need to be, so just be thankful for all the blessings.

    See you all soon,

    k

    ReplyDelete