Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Another saying from Isaac and other things

The other afternoon as I was tending the fire, Isaac came up with another one of his where-do-they-think-of-these-things kind of saying. Daddy, "You should keep the poker dirty and not the hand owee!" I guess he's seen me burn my fingers on the door of the stove a few too many times.

OTHER THINGS
Although it's been cold, we've been enjoying the snow here. Yesterday I had to shovel off the deck as it was accumulating quite a bit. There was just under 12" of fluffy white snow on the deck. It's quite a difference from the wet and heavy snow from the lower mainland. This stuff up here (at least to date) is the lightest snow I can remember experiencing in a long time. It certainly makes shoveling a lot easier.

I've also been renovating (FINALLY) the last room in the basement. This is the room where we have our futon (for guests), as well as our TV where we watch movies. We've done the walls in two colours: Chai Latte, and Charcoal Slate. It's made quite a difference from the pale blue that was originally in the room. I've put up shelves in the closet for our CD's and have just started nailing the new baseboards to the walls. Once the baseboards are in place, I'll be putting some white moulding in the 4 corners of the room as well. It'll look nice once everything is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment