Saturday, September 12, 2009

Our day today

The rain went away for the day which was nice. To see the sun again, and some blue sky was a welcome change from the cold and dampness of the past few days.

And my fatigue wasn't so bad today so I managed to finish painting the front deck railing this afternoon. I'm glad to get it done, considering I put the first brush to wood back in May! It's interesting how life just takes over and a variety of things prevent you from getting things done. The back deck needs to get done now, but I haven't decided if I'll attempt to paint those railings this year or not.

Isaac and I rode Bonnie to work this afternoon and then continued on around town for about an hour or so. Seeing as it was such a nice day, it was a pleasant escape from being cooped up in the house. We stopped at Kokopelli's (a local coffee-shop) and sat outside in the sun enjoying a cool drink. Isaac wanted to show me a full-face racing helmet he wanted me to buy for bike riding, but I assured him that I didn't need such an expensive piece of protection.

After riding back home we played basketball for a while and then laid on the grass for a while looking up at the clouds. I asked Isaac what he saw in the clouds, and he talked about space ships! Which wasn't really that surprising considering that's all he talks about when he's playing and building with Lego these days.

After supper I suggested we do some colouring (really to practice his school work, but I tried to make it sound like a fun activity for Isaac). Something must have worked because he did really well, and stayed at it for about an hour. THAT made me really happy.

We also played some video games on the computer and then read a couple of stories from some of the library books we picked up this afternoon as well.

Bedtime was around 8 and then I worked on some things in the office for an hour and a half or so.

All in all it was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment