Friday, September 11, 2009

First Week at School Summary

Well Isaac's first week went by without any major incidents. Surprisingly it hasn't been difficult (at least so far) getting him out of bed in the morning either. I think there were only a couple times that he said that he didn't want to go to school after breakfast, but regardless, once he got to school, he went running out to the playground to play with his friends, so I think he's adjusting alright.

The only hesitation I've experienced with him is in the "work" he has to finish at home. He tends to get distracted really easily and so doesn't finish his colouring exercises while he's at school. We're trying to let him play a little while once he gets home from school, and then ask him to finish what he started during the day. One day this week, it took him till 6:30 to finish colouring. So I hope that with practice he'll be able to develop a bit more sticktoitiveness.

But all in all, it's been a good experience for everyone. It's actually helped me spend more focused time with Isaac once he gets home from school. I'm able to get more of my work done during the day, and look forward to the time he's back so we can play together.

No comments:

Post a Comment