Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Isaac's joy

Isaac went to his first night of AWANA at our church last night. I don't know very much about it, but from what I briefly saw last night as I picked him up at 8, it certainly seemed like an excellent program for Isaac to be involved in. He had expressed some hesitation about going prior to Bonnie taking him, but he came home all excited about all the things he's involved in. So each Tuesday night from 6:30-8 Isaac will be playing games, interacting, singing songs, learning bible verses and participating with other kids in a variety of other activities. He's got a booklet that Bonnie and I can help him work through to help memorize scripture as well. I think it will be a good supplement to the environment here in our home that we're trying to raise Isaac in.

Then last night after Bonnie put him to bed, she came out and told me something else Isaac had said. Apparently he asked her to put her ear to his chest to see if she could hear his heart beating. Then he said something to the effect of, "that's my heart beating with love for you". That certainly made Bonnie smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment