Friday, February 29, 2008

Beautiful morning

Some people are tired of the snow and are ready for spring, but I quite enjoyed my walk to work this morning with the world so freshly frosted in white. I even took a couple of photos of the snow coming down as I walked.

Isaac called me once he was up, just to tell me that there was new snow, so he enjoyed it, too. He's been struggling with a drippy nose the past few days, but it has by no means zapped his energy! We kept him home from preschool on Wednesday, but let him go today. All his energy sometimes has the effect of making us tired!

Tonight after supper we went to our local bowling alley to play a couple of games. Isaac has trouble getting the ball all the way down the lane, but he enjoys playing. In the second game, I helped him send the ball off, to give it a little more momentum, though not much more accuracy. Bowling is definitely not my strong game, though I do enjoy playing once in awhile.

Last night I went to the local college for a talk on herbs and 'sustainable gardening'. It was interesting learning about the whys and wherefores of composting, earthworms and good and bad insects and bacteria. Apparently earthworms are very beneficial for gardens, providing nutrients, as well as providing oxygenation through tunneling. The speaker also said that too much plowing is not good for the soil, as it destroys the structure provided by the worms and good insects. Who knew? Not I, being quite a greenhorn when it comes to gardening. I took lots of notes.

I'm looking forward to visiting the Fraser Valley in just over a week. Isaac and I are flying down to visit family (including my new niece) and friends, and attend my friends' wedding. Curtis will be staying home and looking after things here.

No comments:

Post a Comment