Friday, February 22, 2008

Nice day for it

Curtis' Dad called yesterday morning to see if we wanted to go snowmobiling in the afternoon. Curtis wasn't able to, but I knew that Isaac had been looking forward to doing that for some time now, and since the weather was 5 above, we decided to go for it. I was kind of nervous(understatement), since I'd never driven one, but Jim was gracious and helped me out when I made mistakes (like forgetting to pull up the engine kill button before trying to restart the engine.) After a couple of wrong turns and getting one machine unstuck (not mine), we went for a beautiful trail ride up to the top of a ridge. From there we had an awesome view of the surrounding mountains. We also saw a couple of moose and several deer during our travels. It was an afternoon well spent. Isaac enjoyed taking turns riding with Jim or me, and occasionally trying to walk in the deep snow.

On Monday my sister made me the proud auntie of yet another niece. Welcome to the world, Dana! Happy Birthday to her big sister, Jamie, who turned 7 yesterday!Happy Birthday to Josiah, who turned 9 on Wednesday, and Happy Birthday to Morfar, who will celebrate another birthday tomorrow! Thanks, God, for so many reasons to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment