Thursday, July 26, 2007

Some pictures of the house

For those who haven't seen any pictures of the house yet, here are a few for your viewing pleasure (click each picture for a larger version).

Front of house


White stucco finishing on the outside walls.

View from front deck


Undeveloped property across the road.

Back of house



View from back deck (A)

Those are 4' x 8' raised garden beds. The one in the back corner of the yard is full of potatoes!

View from back deck (B)

A play fort for Isaac, more garden beds and a gazebo that will get torn down soon. It doesn't make much sense to me sitting right in the middle of the yard.

Living Room

This is the room that initially caught Bonnie's eye when she first looked through the house in February.

View of Dining Room from Living Room



Downstairs recreation room

The piano to the right of the frame is not ours. It belongs to the previous owners. We're just storing it for them until their new house gets built.

My office

Of anything that I've worked on since we took possession, this room has taken the most of my energy. It was a very simple room with plain white panelled walls and no carpet (bare concrete). Since we moved in, I've laid carpet, painted the walls, put in some crown moldling and hung some framed prints (in addition to the regular desk/filing cabinet/computer set up). The room isn't quite finished, as I have to hang some curtains (to cover an electrical panel, the central vacuum canister and the closet), but it's getting there.

I have an appointment on the 6th or 7th of August with a couple
to view their wedding photos (I'm shooting their wedding on the 4th of August). And so I want to have this room and the bathroom across from it as presentable as possible. Everything has been done with the thought of presenting as good a first impression of my office as possible.

Music I listened to while making this post:
U2: Live Under A Blood Red Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment