Sunday, July 29, 2007

Farmers' Market Update and a Storm

Well it didn't go well as I'd hoped yesterday at the Farmers' Market. It was a cold, rainy and miserable day weather-wise, so I think that had something to do with my general attitude. A few people stopped by to look and say nice things about the photography. The highlight of the morning was when one lady purchased a couple cards and took a business card. Her comments were very encouraging.

Anyways, here a photo of the setup:



After I got home and had lunch Bonnie and Isaac and I went to Telkwa to drop off some cards at a Gift Shop. Last September when we were up scouting the area, we had a good chat with the proprietor of this shop, and so I wanted to follow up now that we're local. She had some good ideas about how to approach the market next time that I'm considering. So hopefully the cards will do well in their new home.

Then as we were about to leave, a lady came by the shop to visit Linda (the proprietor). As it turns out, this visitor was the same lady who purchased my cards earlier in the morning at the market in Smithers. So that was neat.

This afternoon we had a really heavy rain/thunderstorm. The sky was an amazing shade of blue/grey and provided a nice backdrop for the glittering leaves of the trees across the road from our house.

Here's a couple images from the storm:





Music I listened to while making this post:
Jimmy Eat World: Futures

No comments:

Post a Comment