Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Settling into 3463 Alfred Avenue

We thought that since we've been here in our new home for a few weeks now, we'd start a new blog where you'll be able to stay updated on our lives and all that we experience here in Smithers. Our goal is for Bonnie and I to each post as often as we can, who knows, maybe even more than once a day. Hopefully we'll remember to sign our respective posts so you'll know who was writing.

Today, Isaac and I spent the morning together out on the town. Bonnie was working a short 5-9 shift last night and got asked to work the night shift as well (10 PM to 6 AM) and so when she got home this morning, Isaac and I left so she could get some sleep. Isaac got in his seat in the van and we were off. We did Tim Horton's for his breakfast, followed by stops at a bike shop downtown, then onto Canadian Tire, the Smithers Lumber Yard, Safeway, an Internet Cafe, a playground, the post office, back to the playground and then home. We were getting hungry and I was running out of energy.

After lunch I worked on some things for my business, and then did some housework while Bonnie and Isaac were at the swimming pool. We had some guests coming for dinner at 5:30 and so had a few things to take care of before they arrived. At church this past Sunday we invited the previous owners of our house over for dinner, and so I was wondering if it would be awkward for them to come into their old home and see all the changes we've made. They're pretty gracious people so I don't think it was too hard, but who knows.

Anyways, Bonnie did a poached salmon for the main course and it was a fun couple of hours together before our respective children got antsy and needed to get to bed.

Tomorrow there's not too much that absolutely needs to get done. I've got to make an appointment with the manager of one of the local hotels to see if I could display some of my prints there (and also possibly sell some photo cards), and I've also got to do some more work on a brochure I'm designing for the local Jewellery store. Other than these things we'll TRY to rest some too.

I'll close with a photograph. Just before dinner tonight, Isaac and I were out on our front lawn playing Bocce. During a lull in the action I grabbed my camera and made the following image:



Peace,
Curtis

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the invitation; we'll add yours to the daily blogs we view and look forward to your postings.

    Glad to hear that you are settling into your new place.

    Tomorrow is Nathan Toews funeral at South Abbotsford Community Church; I expect it to be quite the celebration of Nathan's life and His God. The number of comments posted on the the Toews' siblings blogs is quite amazing; I expect the church to be packed. I did send you an email, I'm not sure if you got it...in case not and you'd like the information on his passing away let us know and I will reply to an email from you.

    Have a great weekend; it is sunshining today so hopefully the weather stays as nice on Saturday and Sunday.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete