Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bonnie's Birthday Present

We had a bit of excitement earlier this evening as Bonnie's birthday present finally arrived. There was a new store (<- click the link to visit their website) that opened here in Smithers a few months ago that allows one to buy custom, handmade beds. So I figured since I was blessed to have done enough photography lately, the business could buy her a new bed (head, side and footboards). So all she got on her birthday was a piece of paper with a representation of what would arrive in a couple months. Well today was delivery day!

Other than it being solid oak which will mean we'll never have to buy another bed, the coolest thing about it like I mentioned earlier, is that it's completely made by hand. Once the store gets the order, they deliver the specs to a craftsman who is part of a network of artists that create these masterpieces. So once the builder got our specs, he was then working on "The Cunningham Bed". Like the photo below shows, he even signs it once he's done. So you can see that my calling him an artist was on purpose.

Anyways the bed got set up quite easily, and now Bonnie can rest in peace (in a good way of course).


The signature of the artistan who made our bed.


Dusting the headboard.


Installing the sideboards.


Voila!

1 comment:

  1. My friend and I were recently talking about how technology has become so integrated in our day to day lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


    I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further develops, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about all the time.


    (Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://cryst4lxbands.blog.com/2010/01/31/will-the-r4-or-r4i-work/]R4i SDHC[/url] DS NetPostv2)

    ReplyDelete