Friday, March 13, 2009

What's been happening

It's been a nice change to say that things have been actually busy with my business of late. I was blessed to have been asked to photograph the local figure skating club's carnival this week. On Wednesday I photographed the different groups and individuals (7 groups with about 100 or so different skaters) during their dress rehearsal, and then last night I did some live action shots of the skaters during the actual carnival itself. It was a Wizard of Oz theme and so the costumes were quite varied, quite colourful and quite cute, especially the Lions, Tigers and Bears...Oh My group.

Yesterday morning I also had an enjoyable time doing an in-home family portrait session. The family are just considering the proofs now and might have a decision next week sometime as to which prints they will order.

I'm also helping out with a new venture. A lady who used to work at the newspaper is starting up a new community newsletter and she asked me to help with the design of the paper, and the ad layout. So I'm getting to do a few different things which is good. I've got 4 new ads to layout this weekend, and hopefully if things go well, we'll take the paper to press on Wednesday. We're starting small and have hopes to grow this idea into something bigger as more people catch the vision of what we're trying to do.

Isaac has been enjoying school and his soccer classes. He continues to amaze me with his ingenuity and creativity with Lego. Maybe a career in engineering is in the works??? Whatever it is, this father is pleased with his son and the ease with which he creates.

Bonnie just finished a week's worth of shifts and is enjoying her days off. Right now she and Isaac are playing the game "Sequence" before Isaac heads off to bed.

Later tonight I'm going to work on the orders that people made for their figure skating pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment