Monday, January 5, 2009

So how was your Christmas?

When we booked our flight a couple of months before Christmas, we certainly weren't expecting the Fraser Valley to have as much (or more?) snow than we'd be leaving behind in Smithers! I must admit, though, it was very, very beautiful! I am so thankful that our flight was not cancelled or delayed like so many hundreds or thousands of other peoples. My heart went out to them, especially those I saw in the Vancouver airport as we made our way to our luggage. They looked so forlorn! I'm thankful that my aunts and uncles made it safely, too.

I really enjoyed our time at Mom and Dad's over Christmas - eating, playing games, eating, doing puzzles, eating...I felt really bad for Curtis, though, since he couldn't eat a lot of the goodies that were around, not even the special ones I had made for him, as even they seemed to trouble his stomach. Poor guy!

Unfortunately we weren't able to get together with some of the friends we had hoped to see, because of the weather, but we did manage to see a few. So to those we did see - thanks so much for the memories! For those we didn't see, we're sorry we missed you, but maybe next trip?

I wish you all a very blessed New Year, and look forward to sharing emails, talks and visits with you, hopefully soon!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to see you guys during Christmas. Thanks for taking the time to have lunch with us. Hopefully we'll see you in Smithers!

    ReplyDelete