Saturday, September 27, 2008

After dinner activities

After dinner tonight, Isaac and I went out for a bike ride. We had an hour or so before Isaac's bedtime so I thought it would be good to get some exercise.

Isaac had the most fun when we were at the parking lot of one of the stores along main street. He's had a thing lately where he is fascinated with doing what he call wheelies or jumps with the front tire of his bike. So we must have spent a good 20 minutes or so going back and forth over the edge of the sidewalk (about 4 or 5 inches off the pavement). It was really encouraging for me to listen to his excitement and see the smile on his face as he constantly was saying, "watch me daddy", "look at me daddy".

On our way back home we found a couple more "jumps" which also made him happy.

Thankfully the only problem we had the whole time we were out was when his chain fell off once. I'd much rather have that than picking him up off the pavement when a jump goes bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment