Sunday, July 25, 2010

Crater Lake



This afternoon I hiked up to Crater Lake by myself. Bonnie still was feeling the effects of the bit of a flu bug she had, and so she decided to stay home with Isaac. It was a glorious day and so the exercise did me good. Except to say that my knees are KILLING me. Anyways, here's some of the photos from my hike.





























If you look at the photo above, along the waterfront you'll see two patches of snow. If you go straight up from the left-most one to the top of the snow at the top of the cliff face, that is where I was seated for the next photo.














This is the type of treacherous surface I had to walk on at the top. 















 

Another view from the top. 




















Panoramic view from the top.































Near the shore of the lake.










































































No comments:

Post a Comment