Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lego Car Races

Today at 10am we all went downtown for the Lego Racer's competition Isaac signed up for. Isaac had to build a little Lego race car, that he would then have to race in competition with whomever else had signed up for the event. I think there were somewhere between 24 and 30 kids that had signed up to race.

The kids were split up into groups of two, and then proceeded to race in a single-elimination style tournament. Isaac won his first two heats, but eventually lost in the quarter finals. I was proud of how he didn't get upset when he didn't win. I remember him saying to Bonnie and me, "I can't believe I won two races!"

Here's some shots of before and during the event.


pre-race "track testing"


enjoying some practice races


a group shot before the races began of all the participants


that's Isaac's car out in front

1 comment: